Mayweather vs. Pacquiao: Floyd hits Top Rank, Koncz for 'treatment' of Pacquiao

Wednesday, April 29, 2015


American boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. criticized Top Rank Promotions and Michael Koncz, claiming that they have been mistreating his rival, Filipino icon Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao.

Mayweather, who is set to face off against Pacquiao on May 2 in the so-called "Fight of the Century," shed some more light on their chance meeting in Miami that helped make the bout happen.

Pacquiao and Mayweather famously met at a game between the Miami Heat and the Milwaukee Bucks, talked at halftime, and exchanged numbers. The American later talked to the "Pacman" in his hotel room to clear the air about the fight.

"When Michael Koncz came over to me and said Manny wanted to take a picture with me, I said, 'No, I don't want to take a picture with (Manny) because you're a liar'," Mayweather said, as quoted by Boxing Scene.

The boxer further accused Koncz of lying "years ago," saying Pacquiao's adviser told him that he was in control.

"You (Koncz) gave me your phone number and said all I had to do was call you to make the fight happened. You said (Top Rank chief executive) Bob (Arum) was not in control. You told me," Mayweather said, explaining his conversation with Koncz.

"Then I said, 'you told me and you said you were a man of your word and haven't been a man of your word, so no, I'm not taking your picture with Manny Pacquiao. That's a no-go'," he added.

Mayweather said he told Pacquiao that Arum has been lying to him and to the media.

"(I told Pacquiao), if you take random blood and urine testing and it's on an even playing field, we can make the fight happen. I told him I don't want Michael Koncz's number. I've got Michael Koncz's number – he's full of sh*t," Mayweather said.

Mayweather further told Pacquiao that Koncz "don't work for you." "He don't care about your well-being. I know what happens behind the scenes in the sport of boxing," he said.

"On Saturday, you will see the difference in the paydays," he guaranteed.

The unbeaten boxer said he does not think Pacquiao is being treated well by Arum, and points to the hotel that he was staying in Miami as evidence.

"I don't know why they had him staying at that type of hotel," he said. "Like I said before – the treatment. It wasn't right."

"I'm not here to put the hotel on blast, but it wasn't right. Financially, I don't think Top Rank treated him right for this fight," he added.

Mayweather used to be promoted by Arum and Top Rank before an ill-tempered split in 2006 that saw the American take control of his own career. He has since been working with boxing manager Al Haymon, whom he credits with helping him become the highest-paid athlete in the world.

Mayweather believes that if Pacquiao had been working with Haymon instead of Top Rank, then he would be even richer.

"I told him that I'm surprised that he's not working with Al Haymon. If he was working with us directly, I think he would have made a lot more money," said the American boxer. "He would have really made $100 million, if he would have worked with us."

Arum refused to get into a war of words with Mayweather.

"Floyd should mind his own business," he told Boxing Scene in a separate interview. "I'm not going to reduce this to a dialogue, one way or another, with Floyd."

"You saw at the press conference with Pacquiao today, there wasn't one bad thing said about Mayweather. We're not going to say one bad thing about Mayweather," he added.

"We're not going to answer him back and so forth. He's the master of trash talking. He's not going to upset Manny Pacquiao. I'm not going to respond to him."

Source: abs-cbnnews.com
Share

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright © 2015 Pacquiao vs Vargas Live Stream
Distributed By My Blogger Themes | Design By Herdiansyah Hamzah